Upload forms are something we often use in our projects. Sometimes a simple upload form is not enough, so I’ll try to compile a list with enhanced file upload forms that help us to improve the look, functionality and usability of our sites.
The linked version is Mootools v1.2 based but there is a version for v1.1 and also one framework independent.
The script allows you to add multiple files in a nice form,multiple forms in the same page, and customization.
Flash+Mootools unobtrusive upload form.
- Select and upload multiple files
- Filter files by type in the select dialog
- Optional Events to add your own behavior
- Show and filter useful file information before the upload starts
- Limit uploads by file count and/or file size
- Platform and server independent, just needs Flash 9+ (> 95% penetration)
- Unobtrusive, since the element is replaced after the swf loaded successfully
- Cancel running uploads, add files during upload
- Everything is optional, documented and easy editable
- New in 2.0
- Get the server response after upload for showing additional information or previewing the image, etc.
- Shows the current upload speed and the time left
- Send additional request data via GET or POST variables
- Set the filename for the upload request
Jquery and Prototype versions available.